Very rare opportunity to own over 9/10 of a mile of world famous Deschutes River frontage. This stretch of the middle Deschutes has stunning scenery, abundant wildlife, rainbow and brown trout and crystal clear water. Private road on the property gives vehicle, horseback, or walking access to this entire stretch of river for private access to swimming holes, famous fishing water, and riverside trails. A major bend in the river creates a natural, flat, accessible peninsula at river level for camping, gathering, future barn/fishing lodge, etc. Home is perched on a prime rimrock location for drinking in booming mountain views in front or canyon/river views behind. Total of 124 acres of EFU zoned land includes 20616 Harper Road and 20800 Harper Road. Possibility of an additional buildable lot with a line adjustment (buyer to do own due diligence). All of this literally just minutes from downtown Bend, Redmond airport and historic Sisters, Oregon.
Watch the video
- Very rare opportunity to own over 4752 feet of world famous Deschutes River frontage. This stretch of the middle Deschutes has stunning scenery, abundant wildlife, rainbow and brown trout and crystal clear water.
- There is a private drive on the property that gives vehicle, horseback, or walking access to this entire stretch of river.
- A major bend in the Deschutes River creates a natural, flat, accessible peninsula at river level for camping, gathering, future barn/fishing lodge, etc.
- Land has a unique combination of terraced open space; tree lined canyon walls; private river access road (built by Walt Disney Studios during the filming of “Hot Lead & Cold Feet” in 1977); riverside meadows/marshes; and riverside walking paths.
- The 124.87 acres of EFU zoned land is made up of three tax lots (46.25 acres & 77.08 acres & 1.54). Possible uses include a winery; private park; hunting/fishing preserve; trap/skeet/shooting range; agri-tourism. A Non-Agricultural Zone change is possible, allowing for more development. (Buyer to do own due diligence on all zoning related matters)
- There are 40 acres of State land at the NW border of the property which itself borders nearly 1000 acres of Federal Government land and an extensive trail system: Maston Trailhead Link. These are fantastic horse, mountain biking and hiking trails.
- The property is very conducive to a small or larger horse operation and has captured the interest of horse lovers who’ve ridden on the property and in the area. The Maston Trailhead offers miles of horseback riding.
Water Facility Features
- A testimonial from a local fishing guide: “I recently had the opportunity to fish a very special piece of the Deschutes River. You might ask why a guy with 30 years as a guide would have just discovered a “new” section of the river? I was invited to go test the waters at “White Rock Ranch” and make sure the fishing was up to par. It was. In fact, it was excellent! Seldom in this day and age can we go to a river and have it all to ourselves, but that is what we got on this incredible piece of property. Imagine a river to enjoy all to yourself. The river runs through a classic basalt canyon, but was easy to access from the house with just a short drive down to the water. The river is classic freestone, with the setup going from the riffle to the run to the pool and back to the next series of riffle, run, pool. It is perfect trout habitat. The evening we fished, we focused on dry fly fishing. The trout were sitting in the riffles and the edges of the runs and eagerly took our Pale Evening Dun dry flies as they floated by. We caught many native redband trout and an occasional brown trout. As I explored the property I knew I wanted to return to fish it again. The way the river set up it is also perfect for nymph and streamer fishing. I can’t wait to go back.” (Jeff Perin, Owner, the Fly Fisher's Place, Sisters OR, www.flyfishersplace.com)
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
20925 Harper Rd, Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon, United States